About the instrument: TG/DTA is a simultaneous thermal analyzer that can characterize multiple thermal properties of a sample in a single experiment. The TG component measures temperatures where decomposition, reduction or oxidation occurs. A TG/DTA measures the change in sample weight as a function of temperature (and/or time) under controlled gas atmosphere and temperature. Graphing the percent weight change over a programmed temperature range enables the study of physical or chemical processes that have caused the sample to lose or gain weight.
- Thermal stability studies
- Monitoring mass changes of materials under controlled gas atmosphere and temperature: volatiles, reactive gas evaluation, filler content, compositional analysis, material identification
- Phase transitions of metals and alloys
- Qualitative analysis of phase transitions: melting, Tg, crystallization
- Determining the effect of oxidative or reductive atmospheres on materials
- Analysis of polymers, organic and inorganic materials