The Zeiss Gemini 500 Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope (FE-SEM) is a high resolution FE-SEM which provides nanoscale imaging from 100 mm diameter wafers down to small pieces. It has superb resolution and image quality at high and low accelerating voltages. The Gemini 500 has a high efficiency Inlens secondary detector for high contrast, ultra-high resolution surface imaging and Everhart Thornley secondary electron detector for more 3 dimensional topographic imaging. It also has an Inlens energy selective back scatter (EsB) detector for backscatter electron imaging at low voltages.
- Digital system with full function computer control.
- Resolution: 0.5 nm at 15 kV; 0.9 nm at 1 kV, 1.0 nm at 500 V.
- Accelerating Voltage: 0.02 – 30.0 kV
- Magnification: 50 times to 2,000,000 times.
- High efficiency Inlens secondary detector for ultra-high resolution surface information.
- Inlens energy selective backscattered (EsB) electron detector for material compositional contrast imaging at low voltages.
- Motorized stage with travel in 6 axes.
- Integrated 100 mm airlock.
- Small pieces supported: Yes.